Thursday, December 6, 2007

Productive patience

I've been writing tirelessly on my new stories. I keep writing related blogs and work full time. As a result, I've found less time here. I have been quite productive outside this cyber realm of words and insights. I am waiting for my final cover design. One thing a writer does is write. Outside of reading, writing is my greatest joy. The only way to be who I am is to write as much as inspiration dictates. I write stories, reviews, articles and personal insights. The best advice I can give any new writer is, like author Neil Gaiman advised, "write, finish and then write again."
When the publication process is complete for my book, I will post it here. Writing is my great passion, but then again, so is living.
Having nearly escaped death a few weeks ago, I am truly grateful for the life I have. The car I was a passenger in was destroyed by an errant deer who decided to cross the highway right where I was. The only thing that saved me was the hood which opened up and stopped the deer from entering the cab. After the air bags deployed my husband and I exited the car in disbelief. The officer on the scene was sure we had been killed or injured. We were given a second chance that fateful night. I have so much living to do and so little time to do it. Today is the first day of the rest of our lives. You never know when your exit will be. So, live for each precious moment as if it were your last.

No comments: