Monday, September 29, 2008

Books and things





The Tri-State Book Expo in Evansville, Indiana this past weekend is over and now on to new things. I met many other interesting authors and enjoyed myself. I had hoped that the local media would have covered it better, though. Had I known, I would have done more promoting myself. I bought more books than I sold, but its all about exposure, contacts and the like. In the photo with the three authors, I'm the one on the left. The middle author is B.B. Walters and then Bernice Camp. It is from the Book Expo. That's what I was doing instead of going to the National Book Expo in D. C. I'm now listed on the USA Book News site. I was chosen to be promoted and received an honorable mention from them. I am working on several projects at this time and finding that my time must be micro managed in order to do all the things I want to do. I guess that's better than having nothing to do at all.
Meanwhile, back at the farm (DC book expo), the National Book Expo was alive with action. Alas, I was doing my part in the midwest and missed it all. Good news, however, as I have pictures. They held the "big book festival" outdoors amidst pending rain. My sources tell me that it went off without a hitch and was great fun. Rain here and there did not dampen the spirit of the occasion. I have photos of the dark clouds hanging over the Washington Mall and Neil Gaiman (famed Fantasy author and graphic novelist) signing books.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo jealous! I wish I lived by a book expo full of books and authors.

Anonymous said...

Neil Gaiman, what a fantastic author!

Molly Daniels said...

Hi:) Glad you stopped by my blog! I rode down with BB and didn't get a chance to take a pic with her. If you look closely in the first pic, I think you're in it:)

Glad you had a great time, and maybe next time it will be held at Eastland Mall?? More traffic.

If you get a chance, come up to Vincennes on Friday. Maybe the Blue Moon Art Gallery will host a signing for you? And if you're interested, plans are in the works for the Santa Stroll. If you can't make it on Fri, email me at storimom2@aol.com.

pmrussell said...

I have a signing with the Blue Moon on December 5th. Stop by.