Thursday, January 15, 2009

Creative bliss

I've just found the "lost chapters" of my latest book. I had quite forgotten them. Suddenly, as if a lightening bolt struck, I nearly shouted, "my additional chapters were missing!" Apparently I had been editing an earlier version of my book. I was quite pleased with myself, when much later, the missing parts hit me full force. Life, for me, was put on hold until I retrieved those errant chapters. I could do nothing else. I found them. They were hidden within a backed up version of my book. I copied them and pasted them right where they needed to be. I've since re-edited the book and feel so much better. It was almost like I had lost someone dear to me. I knew they were somewhere but could not feel at ease until I found them. Now, all is right in my world, at least for now. I'm back on track and looking forward to the whole novel tuning process. Here's to creative bliss, may it descend upon you like a spring rain, showering its imaginative and productive deluge of wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you found those missing parts. I know how it is when you lose something you know you need. Nothing feels right until it is found. Good luck with the book!