Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Twitter

Ok, there are too many social sites. Many of them are open to predators and spammers. There isn't enough time in the day to be creative and sift through all the online social networks screaming for attention. However, Twitter seems to be gaining quite a bit of attention. I visited, I stalked around and now I'm there. The good thing about Twitter is that it doesn't demand much of your time. It limits you to only 140 characters at a time. I am able to follow some of my favorite authors, film makers, odd sorts, etc. You can write via the computer or phone. Its a place where someone can have an "Aha" moment and twitter it for all to see. Actually, it helps the individual mentally bookmark their thoughts for no one in particular. Don't be afraid to join and just be a voyeur. Here's a nice synopsis on Twitter from Jon Stewart. There are even sites that list the top Twitters.
There are even sites with Twitter tools.
I'm not a top user or even an average one. I do find it interesting and have even had real Twitter conversations with some of my favorite authors and film makers. Actually, they were some that I've had discussions with before. Regardless, it's an interesting and apparently popular way to network with the stars. Who knows, you could connect with that one person who just might be your rung on the ladder to success.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Twit! See you there.:)